One of the very first impressions you will leave on a recruiter (or anyone you hope to network with) is your LinkedIn photo. Knowing this, you can see why it is important to have a professional headshot. A professional headshot can be costly, but BGE students can get one for FREE on Tuesday October 3rd from 10am-1pm (first come first serve) in the Medical-Dental Building Room SW107!
Before getting a professional headshot, read these tips:
- Choose your outfit a few days ahead of time, and make sure your clothes are clean, wrinkle-free, and fit you well.
- Make sure you feel comfortable in your outfit, so that you can appear relaxed in your photo.
- It is recommended to wear solid colors over patterns and prints.
- Practice your facial expressions! Most of us don't regularly smile on command, so it can be helpful to get in front of a mirror and get a feel for what your expressions look like prior to posing for a photo.
In general, when choosing a photo for LinkedIn it is recommended to avoid use of the following:
- Blurry photos
- Photos of you with other people
- Photos where you have cropped out other people