The Office of Biomedical Graduate Education invites employers to connect with our students and alumni at Georgetown. Employers who work with us will be able to:
- Conduct information sessions and/or interviews either on campus or via zoom
- Post single open positions on the 12Twenty Georgetown University Biomedical Graduate Education online jobs board (see below for instructions)
- Create 12Twenty Resume Books to curate applicant pools if you are looking to fill various positions within the organization
- Engage our students and alumni via LinkedIn and our listserv
Schedule an Event
BGE welcomes employers and recruiters to learn more about our programs and to meet our students and postdocs on campus or via Zoom. You can participate in professional development seminars, information sessions, career panels, and recruitment events. Our offices are in the Medical-Dental Building within the heart of Georgetown’s Medical Campus.
To explore possibilities, please email Carla Ochoa, our Project Manager for the Office Career Strategy and Professional Development.
12Twenty Employer Account
If you do not yet have a 12Twenty account, follow the instructions below to get started:
- Go to the following link: https://biomedical-georgetown.12twenty.com/hire and click Employer Sign Up.
- Fill out the required details to create an account including: your name (you can later choose if this will be displayed to students,) a password, employer name and address, your job title, and phone number.
- Your account is now set up. Any other time you would like to log in, follow the same link, and fill out your email and password in the Employer Log In section.
Posting Jobs on 12Twenty
Once you have an account, you can post a job on our jobs board.
1. Click Post under Post a Job on the landing page.
2. Fill out the required fields under Job Details and any other fields that would be relevant for your position.
3. Fill out your contact information under Primary Job Contact. Check the Make Visible to Students boxes only if you want students to see your information attached to the posting.
4. Use the drop down under Target Audience to indicate whether work authorization is required for your position.
5. Under Who can Apply, select BGE Students for Student Group. The other fields are optional but you may fill them out. Do not select a Major/Academic Program, as the choices do not reflect our specific programs.
6. Under Application Methods, choose at least one way that students should apply to your position.
7. Paste your Job Description and attach any relevant files (optional).
8. Under Application Document Requirements, resumes are already required on default. If you would like all applicants to submit another document, such as a cover letter, please click Add Additional Document Type and check that the document type is required.
If you are ready to post your job (and if not, just save a draft,) click Submit to This School Only. Your posting is now sitting with one of our administrators, and we will respond to the posting request as soon as possible.
12Twenty Resume Books
Resume books are a great way for employers who are looking to fill various positions at their organization. The intent for the resume books is to collect a poll of students resumes to interview and potentially hire. This is great as well for on-campus information session. Having the resumes beforehand can help facilitate the interviews when you visit Georgetown University. Resume books can also be used to for internship programs offered at your perspective company. Instructions for creating a resume book are below.
1. Log onto 12Twenty Employer account
2. Click on Resume Books
3. Select “+New Resume Book”.
4. Name: Set a title for the Resume Book that is visible to career center users, students and employers.
5. Academic Year: Select the Academic year from the drop down menu.
6. Student Description: The student description is only visible to student users.
7. Employer Description: Enter a description of the resume book that is visible only to employer users.
8. Enter the Application Dates: Select the start and end date students can apply to the resume book.
Pay close attention to the Who Can View & Apply Information.
Having “The same group of students can view and apply” option selected allows the selected Student Group(s) to both view the resume book and apply to it.
Un-selecting “The same group of students can view and apply” option allows admins the option of separating who can view the resume book from who can apply to the resume book.
9. Enter the Administrative Settings:
Require approval when students apply to this resume book: If Yes is selected, student applicant resumes will require approval by an admin before being included in this resume book. If No is selected, student submitted resumes will automatically be included in the resume book.
Allow students to initially submit resumes in Microsoft Word file format: When enabled, students will be able to upload any file type when submitting their application to this resume book, to allow for edits made by career center users. In order to approve a resume, the file must be in PDF format; it will need to be converted before being approved and included in the resume book.
Are students able to download and view resume applicants once it is published and archived: This will determine whether or not student users have the ability to view and download resumes when the resume book is in the ‘Published’ and ‘Archived’ state.
Allow students to apply even when the resume book is published: If set to Yes students will have the ability to apply to the resume book after it is in the ‘Published’ state. If set to No, students will not be allowed to apply to the resume book once it is published.
Is this resume book visible to Employers: This will determine whether or not employer users have the ability to view the resume book at any time. If enabled, the employer will be able to view the resume book while in ‘Published’, ‘Unpublished’ and ‘Archived’ states. An employer can only download a resume book if it has been published.
Once this is completed and published, the CSPD office will receive a notification to approve your resume book. Please allow 1-2 business days to process approvals.
Hire an International Student
BGE is home to a talented pool of diverse international students looking to build professional careers in the United States. If you would like to hire international students, Helen Konrad and Mark Rhoads, Attorneys at Law with the McCandlish Holton Immigration Practice Group, have prepared a guide, Hiring Foreign Graduates, which outlines the H-1B process for prospective employers.