BGE has partnered with organizations to provide free memberships to our BGE students, alumni, faculty, postdoctoral associates and staff seeking career development opportunities, networking and training.
Maryland Tech Council
The Maryland Tech Council (MTC) regularly convenes life science industry and technology professionals with a focus on collaboration, advocacy at the state and national levels, and opportunities to network in regional events. All Georgetown University students, faculty and staff can create a Maryland Tech Council account through our institutional membership. Register with the Maryland Tech Council with your Georgetown email address to take advantage of these opportunities and networking events!
National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
The National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity is an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community for faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students. You have free access to their webinars, courses, and workshops through Georgetown University. You simply need to follow the below steps to create an account and get your free access to all of their resources:
- Go to the NCFDD website and click “Become a Member.”
- Select “Georgetown University” from the dropdown box and continue.
- Click “Activate my membership.”
- Enter the appropriate account information to activate your account.
National Postdoctoral Association
Georgetown University is a Sustaining Member of the National Postdoctoral Association, which means you can join NPA for free as an affiliate member! The NPA strives to improve the postdoctoral experience by supporting a culture of enhanced professional growth. At the individual, organizational and national levels, the NPA facilitates connections, raises awareness and collaborates with stakeholders in the postdoctoral community.
- Go to the NPA’s Select Your Member Type page.
- Select your member type.
- BGE graduate students: Select “Affiliate Graduate Student”
- GUMC postdocs: Select “Affiliate Postdoc”
- GUMC faculty and staff: Select “Affiliate Nonpostdoc/Other”
- Enter your username (your Georgetown email address) along with your first and last name. To receive a free Affiliate membership, you must use your Georgetown email address.
- Enter all required information and any other information that you wish to include in your profile. The NPA membership manager will review your Affiliate membership, and you will receive an email when it has been approved.