Highly motivated Georgetown B.S. in Human Science students can complete the requirements for the M.S. in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology in one semester after completing the bachelor’s program.
The M.S. in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology program infuses core concepts of biochemistry and molecular biology as applied to biomedical sciences and biotechnology. The program includes hands-on lab-based courses, advanced methods, and electives, as well as an intensive internship. Through a rigorous and challenging curriculum, students are prepared for future careers and academic endeavors.
HSCI students with a minimum GPA of 3.5 in the major are eligible to apply to this program by January 15 of their junior year. Students who wish to apply should inquire with Sumaira Akber, Assistant Dean, School of Health, or Jason Tilan, Director of Accelerated BGE Pathways, Department of Human Science.
For more information about our program and admissions, please contact us.
Undergraduates start taking master’s courses in their senior year, earning the master’s degree in the fall after completing the Bachelor of Science.
Suggested Degree Plan
Senior – Fall
Senior – Spring
- Note: Full-time undergraduate status requires 12 credits.
- Upon completion of the undergraduate degree requirements, you will receive your bachelor’s degree and may participate in Commencement with your undergraduate class. Contact your advising dean for more information.
Master’s – Fall
- Students pay the per-semester flat rate.
- Note: The internship is about 20 hours per week and will require careful scheduling with electives.
- Follow the Biomedical Graduate Education Graduating Student Checklist to apply for graduation and to register for Commencement the following spring if you wish to attend.
Visit M.S. in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Degree Requirements to browse our required and elective courses.
Connect with the program to get more information.
Accelerated Programs FAQ
Answers to questions about the accelerated program.
Find out what sets our program apart in preparing students for impactful careers.
Learn about research experiences in the M.S. in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology.
Our students benefit from the services of the Biomedical Graduate Education career office, including one-on-one advising, skills workshops, leadership programs and more.